Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

So I have been noticing that my face has been red everyday

Customer Question

So I have been noticing that my face has been red everyday no matter what lotion or cream I use I have even tried washing my face everyday then putting on some of that prosacea medicated gel and then putting some CeraVe lotion but it doesn't help it's still red and warm to the touch. Do you have any advice for how to treat this or at least get rid of the redness?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!It sounds that you may have a flushing type reaction. This is dilated capillaries that being blood close to the surface of the skin. How long have you noticed this ? Has this been more in hot weather or room temperatures? It may be your body trying to cool off if that is the case ..There may be several triggers to flushing reactions...Certain medicines...niacin..some people with eating hot spicy foods or drinking hot drinks such as coffee...drinking alcoholic drinks is a common trigger... if the cheeks are mainly involved then certain forms of lupus may cause a " butterfly" distribution task at times... so often it is looking fotvthe certain triggers that provoke the response ..I hope that this is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I always notice it when I wake up and get ready for work and it don't matter if it's a cold or hot room it's always red and I have noticed that it kinda does look like it's in a butterfly shape. It's really mainly my cheeks that are red
Hello again.. ok with that pattern ...every morning and cheeks and butterfly patter I think that you need to consult a dermatologist on this. That could be a presentation of a form of lupus and should be checked.I hope that this is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions.Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it's not every morning it's like that. I have found this cream that has been working good it's called exederm
Hello again !Yes exederm has as main active ingredient of 1 percent hydrocortisone...that reduces inflammation ...mild steroid ...would avoid prolonged continuous use .. I would keep an eye on the symptom..the product that you are using would tend to settle down a number of inflammatory conditions ... I hope that this improves for you!Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD