Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

My son has a lump on his elbow, leg, and knee. He did go in

Customer Question

My son has a lump on his elbow, leg, and knee. He did go in the pool as did others with no problems. My son is probe to mosquito mites, but I don't know if this is. Will upload pics

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So sorry I sent so many of the same. It wasn't going through then all of them did at once.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
There is redness on the area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Any pain , swelling or fever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

He said they were itchy. No fever. He's sleeping now

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information provided. These look like insect bites . These are inflammatory lesions causing dermal swellings in the elbow areas that are causing the itching and redness. It is good that he does not have fever and that rules out many other conditions like erythema nodosum which are reactive skin conditions that need investigations.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
These can be treated with over the counter medications like Syrup Claritine 1 tablespoon at night daily for 5 days and application of Cortaid ointment on the area at night daily
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put cortazone is that good?

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Great to hear that!
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
That is the precise reason he is sleeping well now . This would help in clearing out the lesions
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Please do get back to me in case of any further queries. Please do leave a feedback for my opinion provided
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I don't see a button to rate you.

Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you see one now?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you see the rate button?