Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

LOVE: I have just noticed a VERY small (1mm)

Customer Question

.For Dr. LOVE: I have just noticed a VERY small (1mm) mark on the underside of the shaft of my penis. It doesn't really hurt unless I press it really hard. When I stretch the skin it does appear to be raised a little in that area - it almost looks like it's over a vein.
I have visited my doctor last week because I was having some discomfort in the head of my penis but this has all but gone. He did a urine test and nothing was reported back. I am circumsized.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken some close up photos and added them to this question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been touching the area for a while tonight to try and get a photo and also examine it. There is no stinging or burning but a very very mild pain but this could be because I've been pushing and pulling around the area for a good few minutes.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
This look like an area that have become traumatized, either because of rubbing during intercourse or against clothing or because of scratching or picking at the lesion.
Te underlying lesion does not look worrisome, and may have started as an obstructed sweat gland or some fibrous tissue.
At this point, it would be reasonable to provide interventions that promote healing, including good hygiene and the application of moist heat, such as by soaking in hot bath water or applying hot compresses. It also would be important to avoid picking or scratching the lesion. If this helps the area heal, then no further evaluation or treatment is necessary.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.