dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

My 85 year mother has a rash all over her body. it is spreading

Customer Question

my 85 year mother has a rash all over her body. it is spreading rather fast red blotches and then turns dry and scaly skin. it is hard and crusty under her harms. She says she is not in pain. We took her to the doctor and he said take her to the hematologist. We made a appointment but due to transportation mix up she missed the appointment…she is wheel chair bound. she has appointment this wednesday but I am worried about it spreading to her face. she is not in pain
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you for asking your question.Is it possible to forward a photograph?Does she have any medical issues? Any prior history of hemtatologic problems such as a clotting disorder or easy bruising? Is she on any medications?