Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

Back in February I had a one night stand and never saw the

Customer Question

Back in February I had a one night stand and never saw the girl again but about a month after I noticed a red spot on my penis head. It's right where it begins. It doesn't itch or hurt but is just annoying to look at. It is strange because the red spots are only right where my penis head starts and they fade and almost look like they are going away but never do fully and always show up more usually during the morning.i went to my doctor and he said it looked normal but ran tests for hiv syphilis gonorrhea and chlamydia and all came back negative. He said it didn't look like herpes and I really don't think it is either. I've tried anti fungal cream, hydrocortisone , Monistat and nothing seems to get rid of this redness.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh and I forgot to mention I did use a condom.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the the photographs. This could be a small patch of Penile Psoriasis or Seborrheic Dermatitis. Or it could be dry, damaged penile skin that may have been caused by irritation and is not healing. Seborrheic Dermatitis is a type of dry eczema and Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition of the skin where it is made faster than normal in certain areas.In this situation a skin repair cream such as as Avene Cicalfate cream or Biafine emulsion can work great along with a soothing aloe vera gel whenever the symptoms flare. All of these are available over the counter without a prescription. For the first two weeks though I would recommend mixing Cortizone-10 cream with 1% Clotrimazole cream in a 1:1 ratio and applying it twice a day for the first week and then once at night for the second week on the red area. This should hasten the resolution of the redness after which the skin repair creams I mentioned should be used for 4-8 weeks. All of these are available over the counter without a prescription. I know you mentioned you used both those creams earlier but I wonder if you mixed them and used them as I have mentioned. If you did and saw no improvement then you need stronger prescription steroid creams like Fluticasone or Mometasone and your doctor would need to prescribe these for you.To prevent a recurrence wash the affected area with an antiyeast shampoo such as Nizoral-AD while bathing for 1-2 months and then immediately after your bath use one of the skin repair creams I mentioned. The shampoo is also available over the counter.As for masturbation and sex - these can irritate the skin and if you can abstain for a month or so that will help the recovery process.Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so your saying that this does not look like a std or something to be extremely worried about? I have mixed the two but I will try it again and also give that shampoo a try.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Yes - your symptoms are not suggestive of any STD. Don't worry on that account. Let me know how it goes. Kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after if required. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I will thank you. I have one more question I was wondering if coconut oil would be beneficial at all?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
Sure no problem. Coconut oil can help Psoriasis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems as if this redness gets more visible if im sweaty or rubbing occurs why would this be? Also what causes this redness to fade randomly and what could I do to keep redness down instead of having it come back quickly? cortisone cream doesn't seem to be working wondering if any other over the counter cream I could try?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Any skin redness will become worse with sweat, heat, rubbing, or exertion - this is because the skin's blood supply increases in these times and it is this which causes redness. You can try either Avene Cicalfate cream or Biafine Emulsion as I had mentioned earlier. To be used twice a day for at least 1-2 months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not find those at the near by store but did see gold bond ultimate skin therapy healing cream. would this work?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure that will help since its basically a moisturizer with Vit A,C, and E. See if you can find any homeopathic calendula cream. That might help.