Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Why do I keep developing acne like scars when I don't have

Customer Question

Why do I keep developing acne like scars when I don't have acne. Ive been on numerous bouts of accutane when I was 19 till about 23 . I am now 30 . Some scars are triangular shaped
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Andrew,
This might not be acne that is causing your scars.
The best thing for you to do is to consult with an experienced dermatologist and, perhaps, have extensive testing such as a skin scraping and full thickness biopsy of the affected areas.
I am sure that by now you have seen a dermatologist. Perhaps it is time to move on to a Professor of Dermatology at a Teaching Hospital. Why a University setting? Because At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS