Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a rash on my legs. I first noticed it about two or three weeks

Customer Question

I have a rash on my legs. I first noticed it about two or three weeks ago. I have about 5 spots--some look like giant red raised marks and some look like a bunch of raised dots. There is no puss, fluids involved at all. It does not itch or burn.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached is a photo of the rash..
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The appearance on the image is more inflammatory in nature. It is possible that this appearance could be an early bacterial infection of the skin, but it would be expected to have spread to a greater extent after 2-3 weeks.
So, it would be reasonable to treat it as an inflammatory condition. The best that can be done over the counter is a mild potency hydrocortisone cream. It may be necessary to use a stronger steroid cream, but that would require a prescription, so it would be necessary to see your doctor.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.