DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I am a 19 year old male and has recently shaved my head

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 19 year old male and has recently shaved my head for the first time. I originally intended to do a slight trim with the electric razor but was using the size adjuster wrong so decided to just shave it all off. Oh hindsight is a wonderful thing! To the point, it has obviously left me with a stubble looking head in which the skin itself looks grey/gray and now my scalp feels less sensitive just like a regularly shaven beard. This might sound stupid and superficial, however the less rough softer skin helped with my senses which helped when playing sport( I know that hair assists senses but the scalp feels so rough and I'm stuck for options)
I would really like to know what causes the skin colorization along with the rough hard feeling. It doesn't happen when you get a short haircut which sits a few inches high, only when the razor meets the skin. If i let my hair grow will the skin naturally repair itself and simultaneously return to its original skin colour/color and sensitivity or is it a irreversible action? Is waxing the hard ashiness an option to reveal original skin? will exfoliation over time repair it? Please help PS sorry for all this writing lol
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
There is no medical condition for what you describe.
I see no abnormality here, and yes, if you let your hair grow, the skin will be as it was before.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.