Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I seem to have developed a rash on my inner thighs.

Customer Question

I seem to have developed a rash on my inner thighs. Which I believe may be cause by rubbing but it is itchy. Is there anything I do help it heal and repair the damage it has done to me skin (discolored)
Thanks,
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.
Itchy discoloration in the groins is most commonly caused by Tinea Cruris - this is a fungal infection of the groins and surrounding area. I would suggest mixing 1% Lotrimin cream in a 1:1 ratio with Hydrocortisone cream and applying this twice a day on the affected area. Orally take Tablet Claritin 10 mg once or twice a day depending on the severity of the itching or burning and try and stay as cool and dry as possible.
Give this regimen 3-5 days to work - if the discoloration looks like it is improving then continue the creams for 14 days or so and that should take care of the problem. If you sweat a lot in the area then additionally use Zeasorb-AF powder 5 minutes after the creams in the morning to help keep the area dry.
All of the above are available over the counter without a prescription.
If you don’t see any improvement in 3-5 days then it would be best to see a doctor in person.
Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - I will try the above and hopefully this will work. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome! Let me know how it goes.
Kindly consider rating our interaction to enable me to get credit for my work with you. You can continue to follow up even after. Thank you.