dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am a 34 yrs old male. 9-10 months back i got itching sensation

Customer Question

I am a 34 yrs old male. 9-10 months back i got itching sensation at the back particularly in the subscapular area with painless rash. No other symptom and it was self limited. Five months back I felt a firm, irregular, non-tender mass and there are scratch marks over the swelling. It seems the swelling is in the dermis ( it is totally skin swelling). I visited a physician and he reassured me as a tumorous calcinosis lesion and ordered FNA just for clarity but the FNAC was not done. Currently ( 05 months since i noticed it), I have itching in the past 2 months and swelling seems to increase in size though I am not sure of the size as it is not visible for inspection. Can I get differentials for this condition? thank you in advanc
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
Hello
What did the FNA show?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
FNA was canceled as the clinickan was not convienced enough to proceed with further pathologic investigation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dr Thomas!
The FNA was cancelled
This sounds like a lipoma or cyst
What does your MD say it is?