Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Only who can suggest products as per

Customer Question

only for Dermatologists who can suggest products as per their experience Read the below and if u think nothing can be done - please opt out so that - Thanks =============== I am 30 male , South Asian , Brown skin on accutane for the past 1nd half month
, Concern : Skin Darkening especially around the drier areas (chin) Imp things : No sun exposure at all - uses sun screen daily , Moisturizing very well - No tightness My feeling : Because of inflammation - earlier products with green tea worked Any creams
OTC or RX that can help ? - Creams which are not suitable for long term use and only for occasional use are also ok Many Thanks P.S : My current doc just wrote me a prescription fr accutane and dint even give the most basic information like - my eyes , nostrils
will be dry - fortunately I got a recommendation regarding replenix green tea creamhttp://www.dermstore.com/product_Power+of+Three+Serum_28417.htm ( which is being carried by almost all dermatologists in my area ) and it calmed down my skin a lot and took
off lot of uneasiness
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
I am sorry to hear that your current doctor has not spent time going over your options and what you can expect from your current treatment.
At this point I feel you should get a second opinion. Please allow me to explain:
At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital dermatology department. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
though the advice makes sense generally - i didnt see an answer to my question - if you cannot precisely help , please opt out of the question - thats what I clearly mentioned in my initial suggestionThanks for your help
Ok.
Have a good weekend.