DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

This past month I seem to be getting one cold sore after

Customer Question

Hello, This past month I seem to be getting one cold sore after the next - as soon as one heals up another one comes. The sores start out looking like a pimple. When the sore started to develop it had a small amount of white puss in the middle that came out the same way when popping a pimple. After the white puss came out it then blistered and turned into a cold sore. My latest sore on the lip is almost healed but yesterday I woke up with these tiny blister/pimples all over my face. They pulsate the way a cold sore would and all of them got bigger in size until they were a blister that eventually broke on their own.
Is it possible to have cold sores and pimples in the same place? Is it possible to have multiple cold sores on your face? (most things I read say when you get cold sores more than once they typically show up in the same place each time)
Is it possible I could have something else like folliculitis?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
do you have a pic?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like it could be a bacterial infection
It could be something like MRSA causing this
I would get a swab of the spots. You may need antibiotics