Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Rash on my groin. In the fold area, not on penis or testicles.

Customer Question

Rash on my groin. In the fold area, not on penis or testicles. Small dot like shapes, some larger patches of red but nothing huge - color is red. Have a hairy pubic area and I sweat a lot. Thinking its a fungul infection but not sure. Doesn't look as intense and overwhelming as the pictures you see on Google for STDs. Any idea what this sounds like? Could be jock itch but it's not in a ring like shape.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I do go to the gym and have recently lost weight but I was overweight for awhile. Nothing ridiculous but maybe that has to do with it or could provide more context
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.
If you sweat a lot, the rash is red, itchy and in a body fold - the first thing that comes to mind is fungal infection. Doesn't have to be in a ring form - that's a ring worm (fungal infection).
I would suggest that you apply an anti fungal powder like Lamisil powder twice a day, keep the area clean and dry and wear loose clothing - do this for a week.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have more queries.
Best.