DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

The skin on the middle of my lip has been puffed up year.

Customer Question

The skin on the middle of my lip has been puffed up for a year. it started on the middle right part of my lip sometime last year. Started using vaseline and chap stick and it would go down. Now its puffy from the middle right and grew towards the left making it about an inch long. It doesn't hurt no soreness no redness no bumps but it won't heal. i work in a cold temp poultry plant and when the blood or water hits the skin it leaves a dark pimple that doesn't heal like a normal one. I've been soaking my lip in peroxide trying to dry my lip out over night so i can moisterize it when i wake up. There are no blisters or redness. Its almost as if i had an untreated ringworm but I'm not sure. Also I've had dental surgery 2 years ago and my bottom left part of my lip is still numb. What cream or procedure should i use to get my lip skin back to normal or should i just go to a physician? Its not hideous but it maks me avoid people becase I don't even know what it is. Its not sore or red but what should i do. Its making me more anti social than i already was. Please help.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello
After a year
Obviously a doctor.
This can now be damage to the lip, chronic infection, autoimmune problems, etc.
No way can anyone say what a treatment would be without exam and diagnosis.
I would be glad to look at a picture.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.