dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Round spot appeared on the side of the head of my penis

Customer Question

About a week ago a small round spot appeared on the side of the head of my penis.  It is painless and does not itch. I began to use a (betamethasone clotrimazole gentamicin cream) and it began to disappear but not that fast.  Since I have foreskin, I washed throughly one day and some part of the skin on the spot was removed. Now it looks like an shiny open wound and I have not been able to cure it. I was checked for STD with my wife and everything was negative.  I only have sex with my wife.

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me - would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is possible. Can I send you the picture directly without making it publicly?

Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
If you can transfer the photograph to your computer then the fastest way to get a picture to me is to upload it to the question box by clicking on the paper clip or tree icon in the question box toolbar. This toolbar does not display in google chrome and safari so an alternate browser may be required. You can also upload them to any free photo hosting site like picasa or photobucket and send me the link if you prefer.

Or you can email the photographs to***@******.*** with my name (For Dr Nair dermatology expert) in the subject line but they usually take a few hours to forward these to me - this is only viewable by me. If you choose this option please make sure you ask for an acknowledgment from JustAnswer that they have received your mail, and let me know that you have sent it. Please note that you must send this from the same email address you registered with justanswer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr. Nair, thank you for your prompt reply. I got the opportunity today to make an appointment with my doctor. If I still have some questions I will come back to this site. I thank you for your time and I am sorry for any inconvenience. I would like to request to cancel my question since I no longer need assistance.