How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr abid Your Own Question
dr abid
dr abid, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Category: Dermatology
Satisfied Customers: 5962
Experience:  I have completed my training in Internal Medicine with sufficent experience to handle variety of patients having skin problem
16766337
Type Your Dermatology Question Here...
dr abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been suffering angular cheilitis (which I suspect) for

Customer Question

I have been suffering angular cheilitis (which I suspect) for few weeks now - the corner of my mouth now are no longer cracked but there are still dryness and a bit of redness which is still uncomfortable. I have used Ego Resolve Tinea Cream which has Active Miconazole nitrate 2.0% but it has not getting better. I even applied Mycospor broad spectrum antifungal cream containing Bifonazole 10mg/g (1% w/w) but the issue has not been improved. I even used a combination of 1% Cortizone cream + 2% Miconazole cream but not helpful. could you please help?
Thanks, Cindy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...
Sometime Vitamin deficiency like low levels of Vitamin B1 , B6 and B12 levels could be the reason of such tongue issue , I will suggest you to have Vitamin supplement along with local cream application that will help you out .
Regards ***** ***** luck .
Please leave positive feedback for me .
Thanks .