DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I am 25,M from India. I have developed brown patches on

Customer Question

Hi I am 25,M from India. I have developed brown patches on the skin of my upper cheeks that stands out from the rest of the face. I have been tweezing hair on my cheeks as I was not aware it can cause pigmentation. It has been 4 months now that I have stopped tweezing but pigmentation looks the same. I have been weraing sunscreen, tried himalaya's bleminor, doesn't seems to be going away. Is it treatable or its permanent? Other: symptomps: if I look the skin closely I can see damaged brownish skin, pigmentation increases when I am out in the sun even if I wear sunscreen
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also attached the files for review
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok
I understand.
What is your question exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get rid of the marks?
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
There is no way for you to do it on your own in medicine.
And even with a dermatologist it is tricky.
The correct strength of Hydroquinone, in some cases mixed with other medications, can be used.
However, this must be done gradually and under clear supervision.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there no cream to get rid of these? Can you advise me about diet? How long can it take it with the diet? It sounds to me these are permanent now which is a hopeless situation.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Prescription cream, based on exam, and I told you this above. Please review that answer carefully.
Diet alone will not reverse this.
Dermatologists have other procedures as well, such as chemical peals [the prescription ones under guidance.].
Certainly, this is not a self help situation.
The correct diet can help reduce inflammation and prevent further progression.