Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

Dr Nair Dr Nair Dr Nair...... This is an SOS. We last talked

Customer Question

Dr Nair Dr Nair Dr Nair...... This is an SOS. We last talked in July about my acute hairfall and you treated it superbly. No one could treat it in the last 5-6 years. November to march i had a superb time with hardly any hairfall. Suddenly towards March
end again it has come back. I just cant understand whats going wrong. I am still continuing Novophane+ and Fefol along with Renocia Peptide. I am also using Mintop 2%. no change from whatever i was using earlier. Help help help. After so many years and cycles
of hairfall i cant afford to lose hair. There is hardly any left.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing increased hair fall again. Tell me were you sick in the last 2-3 months with anything like even a viral fever?
Any dieting?
Any significant increase in mental or emotional stress levels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,No fever in last 3 months. Just once i had a bad bout of cold with sore throat. No dieting but I have reduced the sugar and whites in the diet and added a protein shake twice a week. This is only since one month.
Yes stress level keeping going up and down as i am a working woman but nothing very significantly different from past few months. Physical stress is a lot as work, home and small little girl (i adopted 2.5 years back). Very strange thing happened last week though. I got my chums just after 10 days of my cycle. It was not just spotting or anything but proper 5 days of chums with same characteristics as my normal chums. Those days i was very very strained in office and traveling so i assume it was because of that. Nothing apart from that. I am really sad seeing the hair falling. Just before March it had become thick with small growths all over the head. I was in fact very very happy around that time because of my hair. i have been thinking but just cant point it to what triggered the fall.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Hormonal imbalance can cause hair fall as well as altered periods. So perhaps you had a mild hormonal imbalance which causes the abnormal menstrual cycle and has triggered some hair fall now. As long as your periods go back to being regular the hair fall should recover over three months. Just continue the same line of management - or change the Mintop 2% to 5% Amexidil spray (8 sprays once a day).
Also I strongly advocate 8-10 sessions of LLLT (Hair Laser) over 4 weeks if this is available near you. This can work great for slowing down acute hair fall and is very safe.
Pleased feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will continue with the treatment then. Would you be able to recommend someone for LLLT in Mumbai? Is Kaya skin clinic okay for it? i really hope this gets treated.
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome! I'm not sure if Kaya has LLLT, you could try calling them. Advanced Hair Studio does have it and there should be a branch in Bombay.
You could also try googling LLLT for your area in Bombay.
Let me know how it goes. Regards.