Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

MY question is: I have problems with moles,warts, and skin

Customer Question

MY question is: I have problems with moles,warts, and skin tags. Are there any cures for these problems. Thank You
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
There is some evidence that duct tape will work for some people with warts, but there also are many people in whom the duct tape will not work. The better treatment for warts are destructive techniques, such as freezing, burning, or laser treatment. There is an over the counter freezing method, but it is not as effective as the freezing that can be done at a doctor’s office.
Most moles and skin tags do not require treatment, but when treatment is required, or desired for non-medical reasons, the usual treatment would be surgical excision. Moles require a more involved surgery than skin tags, but both are procedures that can readily be done in a doctor’s office. Some people try to remove skin tags at home by tying dental floss around the base and pulling it tight to obstruct blood flow to the skin tag, but this is generally not recommended by doctors.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.