DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

Black Spot on shaft of penis

Customer Question

Hi, I am a white male and I am sexually active with my wife. I noticed two black spots on my penis while masterbating 5 days ago. There are about 2-3mil in diameter on the shaft of my penis approximate 1-2 inches apart. They are black in appearance, flat with the skin, slight amount of concavity to them. Not sensitive to the touch. There does appear to be some inflammation around the border of of the spots but this may be due to me touching then/irritating them.

I went to urgent health to have them checked out and they unfortunately did not have any idea what they could be. They said they did not look herpetic or like syphlis. I have scratch one (i know bad) and they did not bleed or ooze anything.

I did masterbate with my ring on (i am left handed) which may have caught/pinched the skin. I do not specifically remember this though.

Here is a link to see the photo, the spot on the right is untouched, i had scratched the spot on the left. also the glare makes it look much lighter than it is. Much closer to black.

https://app.box.com/s/czdjhv683xkxwxax9zj5th3ofz6f02sc

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 2 years ago.
HelloThey look like actinic keratosis.These can be precancerous and need to be removed.Go have a dermatologist do this. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

My understanding is that actinic keratosis is caused by sun damage no?

Also, would these be likely to suddenly appear over a day or two?

no it would have appeared over a long period of time.Aggressive melanoma would appear faster.Warts [atypical] are also possible. The second one looks like a wart. You need a magnified exam, and to have these removed. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.