dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

About 2 years ago I noticed that my skin gets very blotchy

Customer Question

Hello, about 2 years ago I noticed that my skin gets very blotchy after I exercise or when I get heated up--primarily on my torso. The skin gets red, with lots of white blotches, isn't itchy or burning. I went to a dermatologist and she said it was harmless and that there was no treatment for it. I forget its name, but she said it was a circulation problem. I would be grateful for any insight you could give me into the etiology and treatment of such a condition.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.
My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.
Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .
Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:
Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?
You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link
Other method of uploading photo or a file is:
1.Click the paperclip icon
2.Click the Browse icon
3.Click the Browse button
4.Select your file and click Open
5.Click OK
6.Click Insert
7.Click Save Changes on this page
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr Pravin, thank you for your reply. Just to be clear, the blotchiness is always there, just much more pronounced after activity or heat. I took a pic after running in place a bit and rubbing my abdomen so that you could see it better. Regards, Thad
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Do you have history of Diabetes?Do you have history of any other medication/drug intake?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, no history of diabetes personally or in my family. No drug abuse. I wastaki g protein shakesfor about 2 months prior. I wonder if it overtaxed my kidneyy and/or liver...
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
The condition happens only on sweating or is it also related to altered temperatures like extreme cold or extreme heat?Does it also happen on the legs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't seem to be related to sweating, rather more with heat. I haven't noticed it in cold conditions.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for all the information provided. Your condition looks more like a cutis marmorata physiologica or livedoid reticuloris which is commonly seen due to temperature changes like you have mentioned. It happens due to heat and not a harmful condition. There are no symptoms seen and it is not due to overtaxing of the kidney or the liver.Do you recollect if they told you the condition by the same name?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I think that's the diagnosis the dermatolgist here gave me. Is there any reason why it would start? And are there any known ways to treat it with Western medicine?