dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have a very bad nail problem. My nails do not grow

Customer Question

Hello. I have a very bad nail problem. My nails do not grow at all. They seem to have inverted anf grow towards my skin my toenails are the same. I can feel the growth thru out my body. My ligiments feel like they are pulling against each. I was on lamisil for awhile but saw a specialist had a biopsy and not fungus. I have suffered this for years. Any advice? I do not have any nails at all. I also do not have an e mail address. What can I do?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected nails be possible at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Nair,
If will not allow me to send photos through this site. How do you want me to send them to you?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,If you can transfer the photograph to your computer then the fastest way to get a picture to me is to upload it to the question box by clicking on the paper clip or tree icon in the question box toolbar. This toolbar does not display in google chrome and safari so an alternate browser may be required. You can also upload them to any free photo hosting site like picasa or photobucket and send me the link if you prefer. Or you can email the photographs to *****@******.*** with my name (For Dr Nair dermatology expert) in the subject line but they usually take a few hours to forward these to me. If you choose this option please make sure you ask for an acknowledgment from JustAnswer that they have received your mail, and let me know that you have sent it. Please note that you must send this from the same email address you registered with justanswer.