Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

Whats a good home remedy for psoriasis.

Whats a good home remedy for psoriasis.

Thank you for your question. My name isXXXXX and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Which parts of the body are affected by the problem and how long have you had Psoriasis?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have it on my scalp and had it for about 20 yrs.

Thank you for the information. As far as an over the counter regimen goes for Scalp Psoriasis here is what I find most effective:

Psoriatrax 5% Coal Tar shampoo + Nizoral-AD shampoo: Mix in equal proportion and lather onto the scalp. Leave on for 5 minutes and then rinse off. Do this every alternate day. On the off days use a regular shampoo like Dove.

Mg 217 Psoriasis lotion: Apply once at night before sleeping and then wash off in the morning. Use daily for 6 weeks and then 2-3 times a week for 3 months.

Omega-3 Fatty Acid capsules: one morning and evening for 3 months. Thereafter take one a day on a daily basis as a supplement.

Tablet Claritin 10 mg taken SOS for any scalp itching if that bothers you at any point.

No hair oil application

NOTE: All of the above are available without a prescription on www.amazon.com

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.