Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice
Experience:  Years of outpatient experience treating dermatological problems
18722459

Two small red bumps on the shaft of my penis

About a week ago I noticed two small red bumps on the shaft of my penis. I have had what i think are fordyce spots for as long as i can remember. What are these  red bumps? I haven't had sex in six weeks. I have masturbated regularly though, without lub. I have no pain or related STD symptoms.

Hi--are these tender at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not tender at all. Feel a little hard.
OK. These look like molluscum contagiosa--not an STD and a bit like the common viral warts on gets on ones fingers. Nothing at all serious and they usually disappear in a matter of days or a couple of weeks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. I have a wart on my hand could that be a reason?
Not the same virus but similar. And the ones on the hands can stick around for a much longer time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Last question because I've already been reading about this. It is normal for otherwise healthy adults to develop this?
Yes--absolutely normal. You may have read something about immune compromise and perhaps HIV but in your case I wouldn't consider that since we're talking about these appearing in the context of a very sickly person
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for all of the information!
My pleasure--call on me any time