Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Experience:  MBBS MS

Cluster of tiny white dots on my foreskin

I have this cluster of tiny white dots on my foreskin what could it be?

This can be pearly penile papules. They are not contracted / transmitted (spread) through sexual activity. The mechanisms underlying their development remain unknown.

If you have history of unsafe sex, the possibilities can be;

1) Molluscum contagiosum
2) Genital warts.

You can send a picture by pressing the paper clip icon, so we can discuss it further, if necessary.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no itch or painful sensation where the bumps are. It feels normal to touch. It does not hurt / burn when i pee. From reading online about the possible conditions i have been taking 1000mg Lysine (1 pill a day) and Echinacea 750mg (2 pills twice a day). This has been the same way since the beginning of the month. It hasnt changeed in size but it may have spread just a little more - very small area(too small to see in pictures)

There was this one time i couldnt take a shower the same day, i noticed a bad smell coming from my penis. This was not usual. I skipped a shower on purpose again and the same smell. And no, this is not because i just didnt take a shower. it was just a foul smell. never smelt it before.

Thanks for the photographs.

These are likely to be Fordyce spots. These may resolve spontaneously and thus usually no treatment is required. Occasionally they can persist for long and if there is a cosmetic concern, carbon dioxide laser can remove them (office procedure by dermatologist).

It is privilege assisting you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This occured 1 week after having unprotected sex. Could it be an std?

This does not look like STD. This does not look like Molluscum, herpes or warts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will this go away on its own? do i need to continue taking the supplements?

This is likely to go away on its own. Supplements are not needed for it so you may discontinue them.