Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

Bumps appearing on head of penis

I have had some bumps appearing on the head of my penis lately. The first one was the largest and went away after about 2 weeks. There are now 3, one that is very visible and extruded when having an erection. Are they something I should worry about? My sex partner (I'm heterosexual) has not changed in over 6 months.

Hello, I am Dr. Venkat & am here to help you . Please note: this is general information only & doesn't substitute an in-person doctor examination.
Thanks for requesting me. But I can't see any bumps here. Are they quite subtle? Can you draw around them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are subtle, but still "bump" out over the skin, so they are noticeable. They don't hurt at all, nor itch. I've never had this problem and all of a sudden one showed up, then the others came along afterwards. They don't grow much bigger, these just haven't seemed to want to go away!

Thanks. Sorry for the delay. I had to go offline as it was midnight here in the UK. These bumps are very non-specific and it is impossible to make a diagnosis in such small early lesions. However they do not obviously look like warts or any other STD. Commonly such small spots, can be caused by friction and blocked glands. They should settle down on their own in a few weeks. But as long as they are not getting bigger, there is not major issue. So, not to worry. Just keep and eye and get back to me if they get bigger.
Please get back if you have any further questions.