Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

Red spots on the penis head

I have red spots on the head of my penis, it does not itch. the spots are flush with head, I am uncircumcised, and I have not had unprotected sex. I do wash every day could it the soap?
How long have you had these spots? Do they ever get scaly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not scaly, I've had for about 1 or 2 years, it was lite pink, i have not been sexually active for about 6 years. meet my Girlfriend 6 months ago, I wore a condom, it was a fire and ice Trojan, its all the had. I could not preform after 10 minutes. my penis felt weird, 2 days later, it was bright red.

Okay, would it be possible to take a photograph of these spots at your convenience? If not do let me know and I'll provide an answer based on your history.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay, wait one. this feels weird.

Sorry didn't get that? A photograph would help me be as precise as I can wth a diagnosis, however I understand perfectly if you cannot take one. Just let me know and I'll provide an answer based on your history.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the photograph. Typing out an answer, be back with you shortly.
These red patches are suggestive of either Plasma Cell Balanitis (PCB), Erythroplasia of Queyrat (EOQ) or Penile Candidiasis. They are not related to washing with soap or any external allergy. I would suggest mixing 1% Cortizone cream with 1% Clotrimazole cream in a 1:1 ratio and applying this on the affected areas twice a day for 14 days. If there is improvement then the diagnosis is Penile Candidiasis which is a yeast infection of the penis and all you need to do is continue the creams once at night for 14 days more and that should sort out the problem. Both the creams are available over the counter without a prescription.

However if the redness does not improve much then the first two possibilities become likely. EOQ is a precursor to penile cancer and therefore it will be important to get your rash biopsied as fast as possible. This will be done by a dermatologist. PCB is less worrisome since it does not cause malignant change, however again a biopsy will be required to prove it. Definitive treatment for these will depend on the final diagnosis.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you do have any queries please respond via the REPLY button. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.