dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Red lump on the bottom of the penis

Hello, i have a red lump on the bottom of my penis, when i look at it i see a spot/pimple like the ones you get on your face, and in the middle is like whitey/yellow and looks like you can pop it but im not going to, but before there was a red lump there was a little white spot there and then one day i wake up then there was the big red lump, i dont know im only 18 and really scared because all i keep thinking is cancer and im really worried,
dermdoc19 :

These answers are for informational purposes and do not replace a physician head-to-head visit. A patient-physician relationship is not established.

dermdoc19 :

Hello

dermdoc19 :

First, cancer would be extremely unlikely in your circumstance.

dermdoc19 :

Would it be possible to forward a photograph? Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

hello, yeah sure ill just do it 1 second, many thanks

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :
JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

i hope the pictures okay

dermdoc19 :

This looks like a penile cyst.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

is this something to be worried about ?

dermdoc19 :

I would rcommend DomeBoro soaks. This can be purchased over the counter and used as a compress. Put 1 packet in a quart of luke warm water and compress. Compress for 15 minutes, twice a day. Then apply Bacitracin ointment.

dermdoc19 :

This should \go done in a day or two.

dermdoc19 :

I would not worry about this unless it looks like it is infected.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

okay i will go to my chemist tomorrow and buy domeboro soaks, and bacitracin ointment, and i know this sounds silly but does it 100% not look like cancer ? because i have really bad health anxiety and i stuff like this gives me the panics

dermdoc19 :

It does not look like cancer, no.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

okay thanks so much, when i apply the domeboro twice a day, the first time i do it shell i put the bacitracin on or shell i apply the bacitracin when i go to bed ?

dermdoc19 :

Wait for it to dry and then put Bacitracin on it.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

okay thank you, ***** ***** put my mind to rest abit, theres just one more question, if it dont clear 2-3 days what should i do ?

dermdoc19 :

I would consult with a physician for sure. Also, if this seems to spread from what it is doing now.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

oh okay, well thank you for the awnser and i really do hope it clears many thanks

dermdoc19 :

You are entirely welcome. Let me know how it goes.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

i will do :)

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

Hey doc, i went to the chemist today and they didnt have a clue what domeboro soaks was and for the bacitracin ointment i needed a prescription

dermdoc19 :

I am a little surprised they did not have DomeBoro since it is made by Bayer, a large German pharmaceutical company which I assumed conducted business in England. You might ask for another aluminum Acetate type product. Bacitracin is OTC in the States. You might try Neosproin instead.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

soo shell i just get neosproin and apply it twice aday ?

dermdoc19 :

You can instead of Bacitracin.

JACUSTOMER-fifi2wgr- :

okay thank-you

dermdoc19 :

Welcome