Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)

I have small red bumps on chest, back, arms, stomach and not

I have small red bumps on chest, back, arms, stomach and not sure what they are?

How long have you had these bumps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just started to get them i would say today. Ive never been allergic to anything that i know of so was a little strange.

Okay, would it be possible to take a photograph of these bumps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the photograph. A few questions:

Do these bumps itch?

Are any of them scaly?

Have you been unwell or had the flu/diarrhea in the last 2 weeks?

Have you taken any new medication in the 2-3 days preceding this rash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bumps itch a little, scaly? are you meaning like protrude from my skin? I am taking antibiotics for lymph node we think anyway. No i haven't been unwell with the flu or diarrhea.

Also starting to get them on face as well.

No scaly as dryness and flaking of skin on the bumps.

Which antibiotic are you on and since when?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no they are rather new so not really flaky. I am taking Sulfameth/Trimethoprim (2) and Clindamycin (1) usually twice a day and been taking them for about week, that issue has went away and probably took my last dose today.

Thank you for the information. Typing out an answer, be back with you shortly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, an answer tonight?

You rash is most suggestive of either a drug rash or pityriasis rosea. The antibiotic you were on (Sulfameth/Trimethoprim) is well known to cause a rash and this can first appear after many days of its use. Pityriasis Rosea is a harmless skin infection with an unclear etiology but the strongest evidence is that it caused by a virus (HHV 6 & 7).

No treatment is required as the rash in both cases is self limiting. The rash can take 2-8 weeks to disappear but does so without any scarring. Just keep your skin well moisturized and if the itching is bothering you take Tab Zyrtec 10 mg once a day. This is available over the counter without a prescription.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you do have any queries please respond via the REPLY button. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.