Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist
Experience:  Senior Consultant MBBS DNB (DVD)
25843817

I got this bump on my foot right to the side of my big toe.

Customer Question

I got this bump on my foot right to the side of my big toe. i will attach a picture. it hurts when I touch it. kind of like a pimple when I press down on it. it is red all around and I've had it for more than 2 months. I just squeezed it and someclear liquid with I think a little bit of white stuff came out. I thought at first it was muliscolim cantageousim because I had those in my stomach area and around the same time I got a similar bump on my foot what can it be?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome!
I would be pleased to answer your question .

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with Excellent service . If you have any queries , you can clarify them by clicking on the Reply tab.

Thanks for the clear picture

Do you get any itching on the area?
Do you still have the molluscum contagiosum lesions on other areas of the body?
Do you have any history of Diabetes?
Did you have any history of trauma in that area?
Was it a raised skin colored bump before it became red?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i still have itching.

my mulluscom is visible but the bumps are flat.

no diabities

no history of trauma in that area

it was a pink color before.. not as red but i honestly dont remember...

i walk alot at work and wear socks and it has been super HOT where i live...

Have you been wearing some new shoes ?
Are your shoes close fitting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no new shoes.

and yes they are close fitted

Thanks for the reply .
There are two possiblities .
One is that it can be an infected molluscum lesions as you did give a history of some white lesion coming out of it .
The other possibility could be a friction blister due to constant or heavy walking in a hot weather and close fitted shoes .

You will need to apply :1% Cortizone cream + Bacitracin ointment: Mix and apply over the affected area twice a day for 5-7 days

NOTE: All of the above are available without a prescription.

If you are pleased with the answer , do remember to give me a Rating for my answer .
If you have any further questions , please do ask . I would be pleased to answer them till you get a complete satisfactory response.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so nothing serious? like chronic?

Thanks for your query posted .
No there is nothing serious .
You can treat it with the topical applications as I have stated . If it does not improve over a period of 2 weeks of applications I would suggest you to show it to the Dermatologist .
Thanks