Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Tiny red bumps/pimples on the lower leg and feet

I have a rash consisting of many tiny red bumps/pimples on my lower leg and feet. About the same on both sides. Started about 4 days ago. Now have a few similar bumps/pimples on my arms. I slept in a hotel last Thursday night with air conditioning blowing like crazy so I covered up all night and awaok sweating profusely. Wondering if it is a heat rash
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.
Can you upload pictures of the rash?
Have you had any new medications or recent infections?
Is anyone else in the family affected?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have pictures but having trouble uploading. Any chance I can send to an e-mail address?

No new medications. I have been taking Omeprazole daily for over a year and ran out about 2 weeks ago. Took OTC antacid in the interimn and then restarted Omesprazole last week again.

No recent infections.

No one else in the family is affected.

You have three options for sending me pictures:
1. The quickest:  upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box.  You can't find it if you are browsing via a mobile/ipad or a non-internet explorer browser like google chrome etc. You can try uploading via Internet explorer browser if you can. iPad/mobile users can email it to your our email id, download it to your laptop if you have one and then upload via Internet explorer.
2. Upload the pictures to online photo sharing websites like Flickr/photobox/picasa web albums and paste the link here.
3. Alternatively you can send them by email to***@******.*** with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'.  Please note that you HAVE to send them from the email address you registered with on justanswer OR paste the link to your question in your email, or else the email won't be forwarded to me. Also do note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me (and hence first two options preferable), though usually they are forwarded within a few hours.
I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok. figured it out. I have 5 attached 5 photos. 3 from left foot and 2 from right

Thanks. In the 2nd and 3rd pics I see purple coloured streaks. Are these just your veins?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes - veins
Thanks. Just one more question- Is the rash itchy? Do you have any on your thighs/ arms/ trunk?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is itchy but cream is helping. When it started as just flat dots it wasn't but it seems to have flared up and that is when the itchiness started. Couple of spots on the arms. None on thighs (couple on knees) and none on trunk that I know of.
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Scabies needs to be considered as the first diagnosis for any itchy rash of this description. I wonder if the bed you slept on, in th e hotel was infested. It would be worthwhile treating with permethrin 5% cream as per the instructions on this website below in the first instance.
http://dermnetnz.org/arthropods/scabies.html
Hopefully the rash should resolve with two treatments a week apart. But all close contacts need to be treated and your linen needs to be washed as per instructions in the website. I would suggest you see your GP anyway for a prescription for the permethrin.
If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please do not leave a negative feedback without corresponding with me further as I will try my best to assist you. Please reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Thank you