Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

For no reason a blister on my right middle finger started small

Customer Question

For no reason a blister on my right middle finger started small and within 10 hours its the size of a dime and about !1/4 inch of fluild and painful to the touch,
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.

What colour is the fluid? Do you remember any injury or insect bite?

Can you upload a picture?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
clear) looks like a water blister soft and painful to the touch,its still becomming larger with more fluid. no bites truma of any kink
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,clear) looks like a water blister soft and painful to the touch,its still becomming larger with more fluid. no bites truma of any kink
Ok. Regardless it probably is just an insect bite. Maybe it happened overnight? A single blister with clear fluid at this stage is not suggestive of anything else. I would at this stage suggest popping the blister with a sterile needle (best done by a nurse) to let the fluid out and this will stop it from expanding. In addition, applying cortisone cream twice a day should make it settle in a week or so. However if you are developing more blisters or develop any other symptoms, do get back to me.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask! Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF not please reply back rather than leaving a negative feedback. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you.