dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I HAVE RED SPOTS ON MY LOWER LEGS - DONT ITCH OR HURT BUT

Customer Question

I HAVE RED SPOTS ON MY LOWER LEGS - DON'T ITCH OR HURT BUT ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE TIP OF MY LITTLE FINGER. UNSIGHTLY WHAT TO DO?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.

Are they on both legs? When did they start? Is it possible to upload pictures?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THEY STARTED TO APPEAR ABOUT 2 MO. AGO. I ASKED MY PRIMARY DOCTOR - SHE SAID SHE DIDN'T KNOW BUT NOT TO WORRY - NOT MALIGNATE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BOTH LEGS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO. MY PRIMARY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE CREAM USP, O.05%
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BOTH LEGS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO. MY PRIMARY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE CREAM USP, O.05% THEY ARE ABOUT AS BIG AS THE TIP OF MY LITTLE FINGER.
Sorry for the delay in replying back to you. Red spots on the legs usually imply leakage of blood from the tiny blood vessels in the skin. This is common if you have leg swelling or varicose veins or poor mobility. Do you have any of these?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RIGHT LEG. MANY YEARS AGO I HAD KNEE SURGERY. 2 YEARS AGO IN OCT. I FELL AND BROKE MY RIGHT FOOT ON THE OUTSIDE EDGE.. I WAS TREATED BY A PODIATRIST BUT HAS NEVER GOTTEN BETTER. WHEN I ASKED THE DR. SHE TOLD ME TO GIVE IT A MONTH & KEPT TELLING ME THIS EVERY TIME I CALLED OR WENT IN. NOW I HAVE A WALKER FOR HOME & USE A CANE WHEN OUT. MY RIGHT ANKLE REALLY SWELLS & I HAVE TO WRAPPED IT WITH AN ACE WRAP TO BE ABLE TO TRY AND WEAR A SHOE. I REALLY NEED SOME EXPERT ADVICE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Ok. Your history clearly suggests that gravity and poor mobility/ swelling from your surgery is contributing to the leakage of blood. This is not really serious. How is this bothering you? Is it itchy/ painful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NOT PAINFUL OR ITCHY BUT THE SWELLING OF MY ANKLE IS PAINFUL & I HAVE WRAPPED IT WITH AN ACE SO CAN WALK AND I TRY TO KEEP THAT LEG ELEVATED. I HAVE NOTICED IN THE LAST DAY OR 2 THERE IS A LUMP ABOUT THE SIZE OF A NICKLE & ABOUT 1/4" . I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A SCOOTER TO GET AROUND IN MY MOBILE HOME PARK SO I CAN GET MY MAIL & GO TO OUR CLUBHOUSE. ANKLE VERY PAINFUL IF I TRY TO DRIVE. I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND ADVISE. THANK YOU
Your history suggest that you either have gout or a septic gout. I suggest you see your doctor or go to the ER asap to have this evaluated as home remedies are not a good idea for this problem