Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Burning and itchy feeling on penis during and after sex??

Burning and itchy feeling on penis during and after sex?? Plz help
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.

Is there a rash or just the sensation? When did it start? Is it there with a condom or not? What about masturbation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes, small patches of redness but i feel on my entire penis. it started a month ago. Dont use a condom with my wife but it started when i was away from home working. I did masturbate and that when it started
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Small patches of rash but i feel it all over my penis the burning sensation. After sex its really red but not bleeding. I use cold water to cool it off and powder then it feels better. Its started when i was away from home working and i so i was masturbating often. Thats when it started, i used hotel lotion. Never use a condom with my wife
Ok. Can you tell me how long the burning lasts for once it comes up? Does it start immediately after sex or after some time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
immediately during sex. After sex it burn so much i run to the bathroom and splash cold water on it and it cools downl

Also burns when i masturbate with non-fragance lotion.
Ok. It does sound like for some reason the penile skin is irritated as you are having the burning sensation both during sex with your wife and with masturbation.

I can't really say why your penis has become sensitive. You say you do not have a rash normally, just a bit of redness. can you tell me if in between times as well the skin is red? If so, will it show up on a picture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its hard to see now. just recently i avoided lotion and sex fora week so then my penis started peeling and getting really dry. I though i was ok until i tried masturbating with lotion and it hasnt changed. It did burn so i rinse off and put powder. It feels itchy right now.
Ok. I think you might have a subtle yeast infection which is making you skin sensitive and irritated. Why don't you try cortisone cream mixed in equal amounts with lotrimin cream (both available OTC) and apply them twice a day. If my suspicions are right, it should clear up in 3-4 weeks. You can get back to me if not.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanku i will get back if it works.
Sure