Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Itchy blisters that turn into black spots

Customer Question

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 4 years ago.
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Are you able to upload pictures?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I can upload a picture.
Ok. You have three options for sending me pictures: 

1. The quickest:  upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box.  You can't find it if you are browsing via a mobile/ipad or a non-internet explorer browser like google chrome etc. You can try uploading via Internet explorer browser if you can. iPad/mobile users can email it to your our email id, download it to your laptop if you have one and then upload via Internet explorer. 

2. Upload the pictures to online photo sharing websites like Flickr/photobox/picasa web albums and paste the link here. 

3. Alternatively you can send them by email to [email protected] with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'.  Please note that you HAVE to send them from the email address you registered with on justanswer OR paste the link to your question in your email, or else the email won't be forwarded to me. Also do note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me (and hence first two options preferable), though usually they are forwarded within a few hours. 

I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks. I have just received a picture. Can you tell me more about your skin problem and I can advise. When did it start? Which parts of the body are affected? How old are you? Are you on any other medications. I am afraid I do need a bit more information before I can assist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT STARTED ABOUT 6MONTHS AGO I AM 45 YRS OF AGE A SMALL PORTION OF MY INNER THIGH. N MY KNEE ON THE LEFT LEG.IT IS A HORRIBLE SIKE CANT WEAR SHORTS R DRESSES I TAKE BLOOD PRESSURE PILL NORVAC CARDIVOL POTISSIUM INSULIN LANTAS N CLINONDINE.
Ok. I do seriously suspect this mint be an allergic reaction to drugs you are on. Using a strong steroid ointment like betamethasone will help the rash clear up, but won't cure it.

I would recommend getting a skin biopsy in the first instance to infirm the diagnosis and exclude a group of diseases called immunobullous diseases. Once excluded, its just a question of stopping one drug after the other under your doctors supervision.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please do not leave a negative feedback without corresponding with me further as I will try my best to assist you. Please reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT ITCH VERY BAD I THE DR GAVE ME SOME OF THAT CRE ME N IT NEVER!!!!!!!! CLEAN UP NOR HAVE IT STOP ITCHING IT ALSO HAVE SPREADED SINCE USING THE CRENE WEN THE DR.CHECKED IT 2 MONS.AGO N GIVE ME THE CREAM HE NEVER SAID WAT IT WAS HE JUST SAID IT DIDN'T LOOK TO BE CANCER BUT AGAIN THE CREAM DIDN'T EVEN BEGAN TO HELP.
Ok. Please check and tell me the cream he gave you. If its the same as betamethasone I shall suggest an alternative. Or else I would suggest trying betamethasone instead. Every cream is different. Just because one didn't help, doesn't mean the other won't!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WAT would this condition be called?
As I explained in my reply, I don;t think it is possible to name the disease without taking a skin biopsy. But this does look like one o the conditions listed on this weblink.
http://dermnetnz.org/doctors/emergencies/blisters.html

Only a biopsy would be able to differentiate between them