Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have red Bumps on my stomach and bottom of my breasts. They

I have red Bumps on my stomach and bottom of my breasts. They are small, like bites, but don't itch. After a few days, they turn into white heads. At first I only had a few, but now it's more like 15. They seem to spread! What is it?
Hi. I will do my best to advise. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

When did the spots start? Is anyone else in the family affected? Are you able to upload pictures?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I could email a picture. No one iny family is affected besides myself- not husband or child. The first few appeared about 3 weeks ago.
ok. You have three options for sending me pictures:

1. The quickest: upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box. You can't find it if you are browsing via a mobile/ipad or a non-internet explorer browser like google chrome etc. Try uploading via internet explorer. If browsing via Ipad/mobile: try emailing the photos to yourself and access/ upload them via your computer if you have one.

2. Upload the pictures to online photo sharing websites like Flickr/photobox/picasa web albums and paste the link here.

3. Alternatively you can send them by email [email protected] with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'. Please note that you HAVE to send them from the email address you registered with on justanswer OR paste the link to your question in your email, or else the email won't be forwarded to me. Also do note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me (and hence first two options preferable), though usually they are forwarded within a few hours.

I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.¤t=IMG_0244.jpg

Let me know if either of those links work
Please wait a few mins while I look at the pics
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your patience. Can you tell me is the spots are filled with fluid pus? Are you feeling well otherwise?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They start out just red, then yes, Are filled with pus, after a day or so, like a pimple would be. They dont hurt or itch.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I am fine otherwise
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Only the tip is filled with puss
It is strange because the appearance of the spots is very much like chicken pox. However chicken pox would have spread much more rapidly and will not take 3 weeks.
This could however be another condition called subcorneal pustulosis. Can you tell me if you have had any infections recently or taken any tablets recently?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have had chicken pox as a child. Also these bumps don't ooze at all. I take medicine for low thyroid... But that isn't new. No new tablets or medication besides benedryl
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No illnesses this year, except for seasonal allergies.
Ok. In that case I would certainly recommend seeing a dermatologist and having a skin biopsy done. The appearance of the spots is suggestive of a group of conditions including pustular psoriasis, acute exanthematous pustular dermatosis and subcorneal pustular dermatosis. The only way to tell them apart is to examine you in person and take a skin biopsy. So I would suggest you see a dermatologist. However, none of these conditions are serious and should be easily treated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I will make an appt Monday. Here is a farther away photo

Tell me, will it continue spreading on my body? Am I contagious?
No. It is not a contagious disease but yes, you can get new spots on your body if not treated. Hopefully once started on treatment, it should all go away
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does it look like molluscum contagiosum? Or folliculitis?
molluscum does not evolve like this and folliculitis, though possible, does not usually affect the front but affects the back. So personally I think these possibilities are unlikely
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Oh good, I'm really scared of MC. Thanks! How does MC evolve? I should also add, that since its been warm i have been really sweaty due to hormal changes(i have a new baby).
Would you like me to let you know what the dr says?
Please do let me know what the doc says. Molluscum usually does not spread that fast and also each spot looks like a tiny volcano with a cater in the middle.

You can see pictures here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yeah, those look like warts! I will let you know, thanks!
you are welcome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do they look like bed bug bites? Am worried!
They do not look like bug bites to me. Moreover bed bugs would be itchy and your lesions are not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I made an afternoon appt with my GP. Hopefully she can tell me something and not just refer me to a dermatologist...
Personally I think you would be better off seeing a dermatologist.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Me too, but I need a referral for my insurance to cover it, so I have to see the GP
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She says it's pityriosis rocacea(spelling?)
Ok. Pityriasis rosea doesn't present as spots. So I beg to differ.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I forgot that I had a sore throat/virus about a week before the first spot appeared.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, she says to give it a month and it should go away. She won't give me a referral. What should I do???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also I put some nystatin on it for a day and it's looking better
Acute generalized exanthem atoms pustulosis is a condition that follows infections. If this is infection related, this is the best fit, but certainly this is not pityriasis rosea. If this is ll related to the sore throat, it may settle in 4-6 weeks.

I guess you can maintain status co, unless it worsens further
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for all your time. I'll try to find a dermatologist on my aren't in the us are you?
i am afraid not. I am based in scotland!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for checking in. I have an appt with a dermatologist next week. It has pretty much cleared though.
You are welcome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi the dermatologist says its most likely folliculitis. Does that seem plausible? I said a few weeks ago folliculitis, though possible, does not usually affect the front but affects the back. So I am not convinced this is folliculitis. How has it behaved over the last month. Has it got worse? better? new spots?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Only one or two new spots....
ok. That is very reassuring if you have not had many new spots in this time. Given that it hasn't got any worse, it is unlikely to be serious but there wouldn't be any harm in taking antibiotics and treating it as a folliculitis. As I mentioned last time, it is best to get a skin biopsy, if for any reason the spots spread/ do not respond.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I asked to biopsy the one active spot, but she said it probably wouldn't show anything conclusive...
Ok. Keep me posted as to how you get on.