dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

Tiny bumps on the underside/top of my penis head

I have tiny bumps on the underside/top of my penis head, around the uretha, and on the neck on my penis. I've searched and searched but can't find anything that look like it, I would only guess it's Fordyce Spots. I have had unprotected sex once, my partner said she has been tested but for some reason I dont believe her. Can you help me please?

Would you be able to furnish a photograph?

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

I sent a few, a few seconds ago. Did you receieve them?

dermdoc19 :

Yes I did, thank you (images are not shown here for privacy)

These are consistent with Fordyce spots...technically the ones on the head of the penis are called Tyson's glands.Your guess was correct. These are basically sebaceous glands. I did not see any obvious genital warts, but only the third picture was very good. Hope this relieves you.
JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

Yes it really does! Thank you! They're are also some on the shaft. Another question. How did I get these? And how can i treat them?

dermdoc19 :

They are considered a normal variant. Technically you can have them treated with a CO2 laser, but if you do this you should see a dermatologist and rather than a urologist since dermatologists are more likely to have the appropriate laser.

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

A source tells me that Neosporin helps. Is this true? And can I recieve oral sex and have unprotected sex without my partner getting Tysons glands as well?

dermdoc19 :

That source is incorrect.

You can have oral sex and unprotected sex without transmitting Tysons glands or Fordyce spots.

Totally non-infectious.

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

Well, I can't thank you enough for your help. I really appreciate you! God bless you my friend. So to conclude this, my penis is normal it just has non infectious bumps on it?

dermdoc19 :

Yes, quite common. About 15-20% males as I recall.

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

It seems like more bumps appear, is that the case? Are more bumps going to occur?

dermdoc19 :

This can occur in your age group, would not expect this in an older age though.

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

Can any cream or antibiotic help these bumps?

dermdoc19 :

No, not at all.

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

So all in all, I'm good?

dermdoc19 :

Yes.

JACUSTOMER-23mlaxgf- :

Thank you sir!

dermdoc19 :

Entirely welcome.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We talked on this about a month ago.But I had an additional question. Do Tyson's glands, on the head of the penis , multipy?
No not really multiply but you can develop new ones.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can explain to me what exactly tysons gland are and how they form?
Tyson glands are the same as Fordyce spots but are on the glans penis instead of on the shaft. They are sebaceous glands.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know of that but how in the world did i get them?
Just in the genetic code..like some people have blue eyes and other do not
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Thanks sir.