Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have a rash in the crack of my buttocks. Can you help me?

I have what I think to be a rash inside my butt crack. It is not near the anus for what I can see it is upwards where the cheeks and tail bone meet in the centre. They sometimes itch, and sting when wiping or putting soap there or even using baby wipes. I have also noticed blood on the tissue. I don't necessarily feel any bumps, but when I tried to look at it myself, I noticed very red dots. Can someone help?

Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 4 years ago.

Rash in the butt crack is usually due to a yeast infection. The best way to treat this is to apply lotrimin ultra along with cortisone cream twice daily (both available OTC). In addition, avoid harsh tissue paper and wash the area with water and apply desitin cream after ablution. The rash should clear up in 3-4 weeks at the most, with this treatment.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So how do you get something like this.
Which lotions do I apply first? Do I Mix them together or put one on in the morning and one in the evening.
I am not sure what you mean by applying desitin after ablution.

Expert:  replied 4 years ago.

This is a common problem due to sweating. Nothing serious. Yes you mix the creams together and apply them both, morning and evening.

ablution= opening your bowels. Desitin is a barrier cream and would help if you wash and apply it immediately after. You can apply it after using the other creams. It protects the skin.