Dermadoc
Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY
19010125

i have a lump on my inner thigh under the skin; its pretty

i have a lump on my inner thigh under the skin; it's pretty hard and is sore to the touch
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 2 years ago.

Dermadoc :

hello

Dermadoc :

thanks for using just answer.

i will be glad to be of assistance.

Dermadoc :

in order to let me help you better , it will be very helpful if you could answer a few questions regarding your condition.

i would like to know:-

Dermadoc :

1. how big is the lump?

Dermadoc :

2. since how long is it present?

Customer:

it's gotten bigger around an inch+ in diameter. I noticed it when I exercised maybe 4-6 months ago

Dermadoc :

will it be possible for you to post a photo here at your convenience?

that will aid me in better diagnosis of your condition.

If you cannot post a photo, please let me know.

Customer:

now it is warm to the touch and the outer skin is a little red

Customer:

it's hard to see since it is under the skin just a slight smooth bump

Dermadoc :

ok.

Customer:

about 6 inches above my knee

Dermadoc :

ok sure.

Customer:

warm to the touch like there maybe an infection

Dermadoc :

in that case i would recommend that you take a course of oral antibiotics

Dermadoc :

tab. amoxicillin 500 mg twice a day for a week.

Customer:

what do you think it is

Dermadoc :

if it resolves with that its most likely an infection and that is the reason why is it warm to the touch.

Dermadoc :

a 7 day course of an oral antibiotic would definitely resolve the infection.

Customer:

so i need to go to a doctor to get the prescription

Dermadoc :

yes, you will need to get the prescription from your GP.

Dermadoc :

nothing that you apply locally would help.

Customer:

ok thank you

Dermadoc :

welcome

Customer:

do you think heat or ice would help

Dermadoc :

temporarily it may help. but it may not resolve the lump.

Customer:

ok

Dermadoc :

you will get some relief from the soreness.

Dermadoc :

if its painful, you can take tylenol for it.

Dermadoc :

i hope my recommendations will be helpful to you. it was a very pleasant experience interacting with you.

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.

please let me know if you have any queries. If you have any follow up questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

if you found my answer useful, please click on the green accept button. thank you.

any bonus and positive feedback would be appreciated.

Dermadoc, Board Certified Dermatologist
Experience: MBBS, DNB DERMATOLOGY