Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have had small red spots around my forehead nose and sometimes

I have had small red spots around my forehead nose and sometimes my chin area since I was in my teens. Recently, the spots have gotten worse on my forehead. They are sometimes just small red bumps but others develop a white head. My skin is quite sensitive, not too oily nor dry. I go red very easily from heat, stress or drinking alcoholic beverages. I have tried facial cleansers for sensitive skin and even cortisone cream but the spots remain.
Hi. I will do my best to advice. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation with a doctor

By spots do you just mean acne spots?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how would you describe acne spots?
This is what acne might look like
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Those spots look more "aggressive" than mine. They are not painful and I dont get blackheads.
Hi, are you able to upload pictures of your acne ? That way I can get a better idea of your problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for the picture/ I am on my mobile browser just now. I will get back to you as soon as I have access to my computer. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I also take the contraceptive pill.
Thanks for your patience.

What you have is consistent with mild comedonal acne with white heads

The best way to treat this is to use tretinoin cream (available via amazon (obagi brand) or on prescription from a doctor) at night and 5% benzoyl peroxide cream in the morning. Do not use cortisone as it will make it worse.

If you use the creams regularly on all the areas, the spots should clear up in a few months

Hope that helps. Do get back if I can be of further assistance
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what percentage is the the tretinoin cream? thanks.
Doesn't really matter. But 0.025, 0.05 or 0.01 are fine