Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have a red criss cross rashes on both upper thighs (top of

I have a red criss cross rashes on both upper thighs (top of thighs); first noticed after I had sat outside for 1.5 hours in 90 degree heat (first hot day) but I had pants on and was not touching anything. Not itchy. It sort of went away after a while (I drank a lot to keep from dehydration), then came back at night when I was taking a hot bath with mineral oil.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 4 years ago.

Dr.Sasi Attili : Hi, is it possible for you to send pictures of these rashes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

pictures don't come out. skin is smooth now (throughout). criss cross lines have faded (1/2 hour after bath) and now just some slight redness. However

1. criss cross lines first appeared 10 hours ago after being outside (legs were not exposed but weather was very hot for first day in a long time). I drank a lot and they faded over a few hours.

2. criss cross lines came back during hot bath about 1 hour ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

now mostly faded, just a little red. skin still smooth.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
graphic see lower right side for rash image
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you there???
Hi, sorry for the delay. I am outside just now. I am unable to view the picture. You can upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box. If you can't find it (usually if you are browsing via a mobile or non-internet explorer browser), you can either upload the pictures to photobox or picasa web albums and paste the link here. 

Alternatively you can email them [email protected] with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'.  You HAVE to send them from the email address you registered with on justanswer OR paste the link to your question in your email or else the email won't be forwarded to me. Please note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me (and hence uploading to online sites like picasa preferable), though usually forwarded within a few hours. I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

see lower right of picture for rash. this is taking a LONG TIME.

Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the picture. From what I can see of the picture, it looks like a mild heat rash. I cant see anything worrying anyway. Just apply moisturisers regularly & avoid further sun exposure till the inflammation has settled down. I would also recommend to reduce the water temperature during a shower or a bath to avoid further inflammation.
Hope this helps. Do get back if I can be of further assistance.