Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have these small, red, itchy bumps on the sides of one foot.

I have these small, red, itchy bumps on the sides of one foot. When I scratch them the skin peels and flakes. They are extremely itchy. Do you have any idea what this may be and is there a home remedy I should try??
Thank you for your time.
Hi. I will do my best to advice. However, please note that this does not substitute an in-person consultation or a doctor-patient relationship.

Are you able to upload a picture of the area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am at work now but I can upload a photo from home in about 4 hours or so. Will that still work?
Sure. You can upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box. If you can't find it (usually if you are browsing via a mobile or non-internet explorer browser), you can either upload the pictures to photobox or picasa web albums and paste the link here. Alternatively you can email them [email protected] with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'. Please note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me (and hence uploading to online sites like picasa preferable), though usually forwarded within a few hours. I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr Atilli,

The bumps may be hard to see in the photos but they are extremely itchy. They are located on tha sides of the foot and the bottom of the heel. Somtimes I have had them on the big toe and the arch of the foot too. They do come and go but they stay for a long time and the itchiness drives me crazy.

Thank yougraphicgraphic

Hi. Pictures do not substitute naked eye examination but the pictures are consistent with a condition called pompholyx eczema.

This condition usually responds to strong prescription strength steroids like clobetasol but might respond to a weaker steroid cream like cortisone applied twice daily, in addition to flexitol heel balm.

This website below gives you more information about the condition. Hope that helps