Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have a rash on the head of my penis. It is red and raw. It

I have a rash on the head of my penis. It is red and raw. It burns when I irunate because the skin is broken on the rash on my foreskin. It is concentrated to the head of the penis and the foreskin covering it. I have not had sex for over a month so I doubt it could be STD related. It is very sensitine and I have tried using Advantan ( methylprednisolone acepote ) which seemed effective for a rash on my arm however I have only used this cream for a few days now.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 4 years ago.
Hi , how old are u? When did the rash start ? Can you upload a picture of the affected area?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am 35 years of age . I first noticed the rash on Thursday . I am unable to upload a photo due to cell/pc incompatibility

Ok. I agree it is probably unlikely to be a STD. The possibilities are either an eczema or a fungal infection. I would suggest continuing with the advantan but also use clotrimazole cream twice daily for 3 weeks. Get back to me after that if no benefit
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I require a prescription for clotrimazole cream.? I do have a fungal cream ( Medaspore ). Could I use this instead ?

Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Medaspor is clotrimazole. Please check the ingredients. So it should be fine