dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

What do I do to get rid of red flaky itchy rash around my eyes?

Red, flaky, itchy rash around both eyes. Possibly caused by sunscreen. Antibiotics get rid of it but then it comes back. Am applying cortisone cream but it does minimal. No rashes anywhere else. Do not apply any other products to face/body. Have not changed soap, washing powder, diet etc.

dermdoc19 :

Hello

Would it be possible to transmit a photograph? By around the eyes, do you mean on the lids and below the eyes? Or other areas?

Which antibiotic gets rid of it?

JACUSTOMER-3b3sd43w- :
(Image not shown for privacy)
Antibiotics are Cephalexin

Rash is around the eye, a little on the eye lid but mostly around the bottom and sides.

dermdoc19 :

You are taking Cehalexin orally, correct?

JACUSTOMER-3b3sd43w- :

Correct

dermdoc19 :

This appears to have been a case of seborrhoeic dermatitis as judged by the rash in the areas next to your nose, but then you have developed an allergic contact dermatitis. I would recommend something very simple be placed on the areas such as Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment. There may be some micropustules too in the area of redness which accounts for the improvement with Cephalexin. Do not use any other products except for Eucerin Aquaphor at this point.

JACUSTOMER-3b3sd43w- :

Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment can be purchased from a chemist?? Do I need a prescription?

dermdoc19 :

No. This is over the counter.

Don't even use sunscreens until clear.

JACUSTOMER-3b3sd43w- :

Thanks. Will see how it goes

dermdoc19 :

Good luck.