Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I have brown spot on my glans penis. Its flat and asymptomatic.

I have brown spot on my glans penis. Its flat and asymptomatic. I first observed it 2 weeks ago. What can it be?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Are you able to upload a picture of it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here it is.... I am a bit of a hypochondriac... Please help
Hi. This looks like a simple mole. Nothing to worry. Just keep an eye on it and if it doesn't change in any way, can well be left alone. Hope that helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But isn't this an unusual place to have a mole? And also can anything be done to remove it because I am becoming very self-conscious about it.
No. It's common to have moles on the glans. The only way to have it removed is to see a surgeon and have it cut out. Creams do not work. But in general we don't advice removal of harmless moles as it is an unnecessary procedure. But if that is what you wish for cosmetic reasons, please see a skin surgeon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"Cut out". That sounds a bit scary.... If it is done, does it affect the area in any way, like shape, sensation etc.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Well my advice that's why is to leave it alone. However if you want it cut out its not a complicated procedure but you will need to have a local anesthetic injection in the area which will pain for 15 seconds or so. After that it is cut out and you will have a couple of stitches. It will not affect the function or sensation of the penis in any way. So not to worry
Experience: MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology