Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.
thanks for using just answer.
i will be glad to be of assistance
it will be very helpful to see the pictures that you have.
I have pictures
Give me a second.
please upload them here so i can have a look at them and it helps me in better diagnosis.
ya sure, please take your time.
You can upload pictures to the question box by clicking on the paper clip or tree icon in the question box toolbar.
Another option is to upload pictures to www.photobucket.com
and send me the link. Whatever you prefer.
It won't let me upload the picture
oh..there it is
They just came; and on both of my feet.
They appeared on both feet at the same time.
Can this be HIV!?
any more pictures? maybe you could post one that is taken from a little farther away.
Ok...give me five mintues
in order to let me help you better , it will be very helpful if you could answer a few questions regarding your condition.
i would like to know:-
1. you mentioned that they have happened earlier as well, when was it and how many times?
2. for how long do they stay and do they go away on their own?
3. does it involve any other area of the body?
4. are they itchy or painful?
5. any history of a medical illness?
ya sure, you can take your time.
Okay..I uploaded another one; but they look small from a little out.
i havent received it yet.
...there it is..
could you please answer my queries.
what are your queries?
1. About 3 times before. All a few weeks in between.
2. They stay for a few hours; then they go away....
3. It amy involve other parts but they do not look the same; right now I feel an itch coming on my arm and then after a few mintues it looks like a small rash.
4. They are a bit itchy, yes.
5. The only medical illness I feel it is related to is Herpes.....on my feet and sometimes on my arm (like right now)...I can feel something coming...then it will appear in a few minutes
all this points towards a diagnosis of urticaria.
...I get the herpes on my lips though
ok, I will look that up?....
urticaria can be papular in nature too.
thats what you seem to be getting.
this doesnt look like herpes, hiv
...thx....so I just have to figure out what I am allergic to and stop taking it, right?...
i will explain why i think its urticaria
1. history of the lesions appearing suddenly, and going off on their own.
2. itchy lesions.
I just read about it...and yes...blanching occurs
3. them appearing on other areas of the body as well.
its not contagious or anything, right?
...right now I feel an itch on my chest...and it will turn into a small rash soon...
...this is part of it, right?
papular urticaria can usually occur in response to insect bites, but may happen due to other causes as well, like allergy to dust, mites, pollen etc.
its not at all contagious.
...ok good (not contagious).
the rash on the chest also seems to be a part of it.
i will like to offer a few recommendations to treat the condition:-
tablet fexofenadine 180 mg once in the morning and tablet claritin 5 mg once daily at night for 3 weeks
these will help in controlling the itching and the rash.
both these medications are available over the counter.
and also it will be beneficial to apply calamine lotion twice a day on the rash, that will soothe it further.
they really come and go very fast...the one on my chest that just appeared will be gone in a few minutes
i hope my recommendations will be helpful to you
....are the creames necessary?
Yes, your recommendations are good. Thank you. Definately worth it.