Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

had unprotected sex two days ago, and now have a red rash with

Customer Question

had unprotected sex two days ago, and now have a red rash with small bumps on my penis head an top of shaft the rash area itself is red amd shiny, it's not causing me any pain or sensitive, and I am in a hot humid area. have not had of these happen to me before
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 2 years ago.
Probably just a sweat rash. Can you upload pictures?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unfortunately I only have a moblie on me so unless you have a way for me to picture message photos then I cant
Hi. you can either upload the pictures to photobox or picasa web albums and paste the link here. Alternatively you can email them to experts@justanswer.com with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'. Please note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me, though usually it is within a few hours. I shall get back once I receive the photos. If you don't hear back from me within 24 hours its usually because you have sent the email incorrectly. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will upload pictures onto this like this afternoon if possible, if it is heat rash what would be the way to fix it? second day still red, spotted and shiny and but no pain or tenderness
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
would like a quick response to my question
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 2 years ago.
hello,

i would like to offer an opinion.

this sounds like you have got a rash due to inflammation and a mixture of bacterial and yeast infection due to the friction most likely.

you need to mix and apply neosporin cream with lotrimin cream and apply it twice daily for a week. it should start resolving in 2- 3 days.

both the creams are available over the counter.

also just keep a lookout for small fluid filled blisters in clusters, that is indicative of herpes. in case that occurs, you can continue the creams application, and will need a course of oral antiviral medication called valacyclovir, for which you will need a prescription.

hope all goes well.

please let me know if you have any queries.

Are you finding this answer useful?

hope this answer was useful. please click on the green accept button if so. any bonus and positive feedback would be appreciated.
Please upload pictures and I shall get back to you asap. Thanks