Dr. Shahz
Dr. Shahz, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MCPS, MD

Numerous tiny flesh colored bumps all over face. Not red. Not

Customer Question

Numerous tiny flesh colored bumps all over face. Not red. Not itchy. Not white. No apparent center with pus or any material. Skin is super sensitive and dry. Climate is dry. This has come about in a rather raging form in the past few days. Regime before: apricot seed based exfoliation (now stopped) and jojoba oil. just purchased Mychell lotion. Help! I work as a waitress and must fix this. Access to dermatologist very hard (live in resort area, no insurance). I need a home remedy or something I can do or buy. Clogged pores? That's what I think it is. Do I buy something like Olay Regenerist MicroDermabrasion and Peel Kit or must I try to get a peel somewhere expensive? Was on Lutera birth control but just stopped. Sensitive to milk and wheat but now have a very pure diet.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Shahz replied 2 years ago.

Dr.shahz : Your satisfaction is my obligation,please ACCEPT only if you are satisfied,a positive feedback would be highly appreciated.
Dr.shahz : Hello
Dr.shahz : I can understand your concerns,
Dr.shahz : Would you be able to upload any pictures?
Dr.shahz : If you can see the green tree or paper clip icon in the chat box there you can upload it
Customer :

Unfortunately no, not at this time. My camera is not functioning.

Customer :

Full Size Image

Customer :

This is not my face but it is an example of the problem.

Customer :

Are you offline now?

Dr.shahz : I am still here
Dr.shahz : Do you have any history of acne?
Dr.shahz : I have received the pictures,it is more like comedinal acne.
Dr.shahz : I mean comedonal acne
Dr.shahz : Are you still there?
Customer :

I am here and waiting for your response.

Customer :

Take a look at this picture. It is not my face but it shows the issue.

Dr.shahz : The other possibility would be Milia which are small cysts filled with keratin,
Customer :

Yes, I know that. I do not believe it is comedonal acne. There is NO redness and noting to squeeze out.

Dr.shahz : The topical therapy is the same for both of these,the best treatment would be Retin-A cream which should be applied in small amount only at night time over the involved areas.
Dr.shahz : It can make the skin dry but u ll use a good moisturising lotion along with a sun block in the day.
Customer :

That will not work for super sensitive skin. I guess I need more information.

Customer :

Can you prescribe Retin A cream?

Dr.shahz : This is a prescription product but as you say you can't go to the Derm do you can use ROC Retinol cream as described above , although its as effective as RETIN-A
Customer :

Is or isn't as effective?

Dr.shahz : If you are really sensitive then you can use Adapalene gel which is a bit milder but again it's a prescription product,I am afraid I won't be able to prescribe it for you,this is not the play form,I can only suggest medications,
Dr.shahz : It's not as effective as Retin-A,sorry for the misprint
Customer :

What about microdermabrasion product?

Customer :

Is there anything besides prescription meds? What about the birth control connection?

Dr.shahz : If you have difficulties in making an appointment with the Derm then I would say start using Roc Retinol cream in the night and 5% Benzoyl peroxide in the morning .
Dr.shahz : Birth control pills can of course cause comedons and acne but it's reversible like when you stop it,it can go away,although it will take some time.
Customer :

My skin is super dry. The 5% Benzoyl peroxide is way too much for it.

Dr.shahz : Then you can use topical Clindamycin cream which is anti acne and don't have a dryness effect.
Dr.shahz : Microdermabrasion is the second line therapy if someone is resistant to topical or oral medications.
Dr.shahz : I hope this discussion has cleared many points.
Dr.shahz : You can press the green ACCEPT button if you are satisfied,will be happy to assist you again,and to answer more queries if you have.