Dr. Shahz
Dr. Shahz, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MCPS, MD

i noticed a small raised red bump that has a small black center

Customer Question

i noticed a small raised red bump that has a small black center it doesnt hurt at all
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Shahz replied 2 years ago.

Dr.shahz : Your satisfaction is my obligation,please ACCEPT only if you are satisfied,a positive feedback would be highly appreciated.
Dr.shahz : Hello
Dr.shahz : Would you please let me know for how long have you had it and where exactly it is,
Dr.shahz : Does it itch?
Customer:

no not at all

Dr.shahz : Would you be able to upload a picture?if not then I will try my best to reach to a conclusion.
Dr.shahz : And what about duration and the site?
Customer:

i will upload now

Dr.shahz : Thanks
Customer:

it is on a strech mark that I have on my side as well. didnt know if that would make it raised.

Dr.shahz : Ok thanks for your information given.
Dr.shahz : According to your history it seems that it only a Post Inflammtory Hyperpigmentation,which is the discolouration after a minute unnoticeable inflammation or light injury in the superficial part of the underlying skin.
Customer:

okay sorry it is taking a second. will send pic.

Dr.shahz : It's completely harmless,and it stays for a little bit longer in coloured races then the white people.
Dr.shahz : It can go away by itself but without any treatment it can take longer
Customer:

do you have a email

Dr.shahz : I would suggest to start using a cream called Triluma which is a combination of some medication like Hydroquinone,tretinoid and a mild steroid.
Dr.shahz : Well the justanswer site won't recommend using personal email addresses.
Dr.shahz : But you can upload it using the green tree or paper clip icon on your chat box.
Dr.shahz : But it won't work on google chrome and safari so you have to use an alternative explorer.
Customer:

yes it is not letting me up load it. my concern is of cource Cancer.

Customer:

saving and converting to jpeg. Please hold

Dr.shahz : It will be of concern only when it start bleeding by its own,changes it's Color rapidly or increases in size quickly,then you have to contact your doctor.
Dr.shahz : But as you have described earlier I would stick to the earlier diagnosis .
Dr.shahz : A melanoma(cancer) would more look like an unusual mole or freckle and would be itchy and tender in nature along with the signs I have told you earlier.
Dr.shahz : A cancer would be common in someone with a family history of it,or someone having large number of funny looking moles(dysplastic naevi) and in white skinned people who's skin burns in the sun easily apart from many other causes.
Dr.shahz : Thanks for the pictures.
Dr.shahz : I am a bit concerned about the black pigment in it,I would suggest you to book an appointment with your Derm and it would be nice to have a skin biopsy to be really sure what the lesion is ok.
Customer:

i have tried to pop it and just some skin came off and thats it

Dr.shahz : Better not to open it as it can be infected easily with a broken skin.
Dr.shahz : For the time being I would advise you to apply Bacitracin ointment on it twice a day,but you should certainly need to go to your derm
Customer:

okay wont try that again! so jsut go see the Dem. but you still dont think it is cancer and is it contagious?

Customer:

okay thanks i have a appot. to see them tomorrow.

Dr.shahz : To have a physical examination and a possibility of skin biopsy aswel
Dr.shahz : Well it could be a Dysplastic Naevus(atypical freckle) which is harmless but it needs to be differentiated from Melanoma and the only promising investigation would be a skin biopsy.
Customer:

one more question if you dont mind, but to kinda put my mind at rest for a bit. what could possible make it spring up over night?

Customer:

ans should i wait acouple days to see if it gets better?

Dr.shahz : The usual common thing would be Follocultis which is an inflammation of the hair follicle underneath the skin that's why I told you to use Bacitracin ointment which is an anti biotic .
Customer:

do we have hair on the hip?

Dr.shahz : For its acute onset I would say yes,you can apply the ointment for a week but then if not responding to it then certainly you need an opinion from the doctor.
Customer:

thanks

Dr. Shahz, Dermatologist
Experience: MBBS, MCPS, MD