Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Weeping Rashes and itchy sores appearing all over my body,

Customer Question

Weeping Rashes and itchy sores appearing all over my body, is that scabies or eczema?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 5 years ago.
Hi. Can you provide more details and upload photos if possible?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi
I want to send photos and a referal from doctor from a week ago, but this service isn't letting me insert! I'm 6 times worse now and more rashes and sores appearing on body. Doctor said it was bird lice and a bit of ezcema
You can upload the pictures here using the paperclip like icon in your chat box. If you can't find it (usually if you are browsing via a mobile browser), you can either upload the pictures to photobox or picasa web albums and paste the link here. Alternatively you can email them to [email protected] with the subject line 'FAO dermatology expert Dr. Sasi Attili'. Please note though that emails might take up to 24 hours to be forwarded to me, though usually it is within a few hours. I shall get back once I receive the photos. Hope to hear from you soon.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Hi. What you have looks like an infected eczema. Can you tell me if you have any other medical problems? When and where did it start and how did it progress? What steroid cream did your doctor give you? Have you had antibiotics?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
History of Diabetes in family but blood tests taken just under a year ago and all ok. Am allergic to wasp stings. Rash started appearing on leg a couple of weeks before Christmas and did not heal like normal, doctor said a combination of sock irritation and Tinea. It got worse and when I returned to doctor he said bird lice because had by then a rash on fingers, I felt crawlings over my body, bite like pimples and very bad itching. ! Doctor gave me Grisovin '500' for Tinea,Elocon cream for ezcema, Telfast relief of Itchy Skin Rash/ Hives and Lyclear Scabies cream for bites. No antibiotics have been prescribed and I was referred to specialist who has seen photos and can't see me until march 8! Photos below are current left arm and leg

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Ok. Thanks for the info. What you have is definitely an infected eczema. Bird lice do not affect humans! Unless you have birds or other pets at home. The eczema could have been triggered by tinea infection. But that is probably now clear if you had a course of Grisovin.

To clear the infected eczema I would suggest a course of flucloxacillin 500mg, 4 times a day for 10 days. In addition use vaseline 3-4 times daily on all the areas and the elocon cream once daily on all the areas. It should clear up in 10 days time. Best wishes